I am prone to unmitigated joy at times. I express it through head bumps, nosetaps, purring, and rubbing - mostly against human ankles and calves because I am short and can't reach any higher.
I find the most joy in being useful to others. Here are the ways I help and you might want to give these ideas as gifts to those who are important to you.
1. I listen. Whether you're reciting poetry or ranting about someone who "done ya wrong," I am there to lend an ear.
2. I keep your secretes. I don't pass on what you are ranting about. Your purging is safe with me.
3. I am a foot warmer, knee warmer, lap warmer, and you-name-it warmer. I'm your guy to keep you warm.
4. I am a companion. When you walk in the door, I'm a presence to greet you. When you need to talk to yourself, I'm someone to pretend you're talking to in order to keep from looking crazy.
5. I'm amusing. Sometimes I do funny things without intending to. For example, one day, I came running to see HH. I landed on the coffee table full of books and magazines. Instead of sticking the landing, I skidded the length of the coffee table and all the books and magazines ended on the floor at the far end of the table with me on top of the pile. It was not my finest, most graceful moment, but HH got a good laugh out of it.
6. An, I am a comfort when you're feeling blue. I may not always be able to accomplish all my goals, but I do try to make life better for you.....................