It's been a long time since I've done a book review, pals. The authors sent me this book and wanted me to take a look at it for them and to let you know what I thought. Of course, I was glad to do so. It's called Pampered Pets on a Budget: Caring for Your Pet Without Losing Your Tail. Jeffrey L. Barnes and Kristen M. Levine wrote it.
The book is a short one. As far as I'm concerned, that's a good thing. I always say that it's a good writer who can get to the point. Anyway, it's a quick read. Now the other side of it being short, is that it doesn't give detailed information about many of the topics included, but it does point the reader in the right direction with resources to find more information.
I must say that it's an important topic. We all want to be pampered and have our care held to the best possible standards, but you know and I do too how expensive that care is becoming. This book will give you tips on how to save some money and still give your pets the best care.
The authors included this list with the book. It tells you what it covers and I thought you might like to know that it says...
In Pampered Pets on a Budget, pet owners will:
- Learn the benefits of the human-animal bond to your life and your pocketbook
- Discover your pet's "must-haves" versus "nice to haves"
- Understand the important, irreplaceable role of your veterinarian
- Receive tips on how to save money during the lifespan of your pet
- Obtain great information on pet adoption
- Know the in's and out's of proper pet nutrition
- Properly position yourself to buy your pet the bet lifestyle possible.
Kristen M. Levine founded Fetching Communications, the nation's first marketing and public relations firm wholly dedicated to serving the pet industry. She is also a frequent contributor to pet and veterinary magazines nationwide.
If you want to take a look at this book, it's available at LuLu.com and at Amazon.com as a Kindle.