|...on being a pet|
At times, it's good to take stock of why human beans and animals pair up the way they do. I may have some students looking at this post in the near future. I wanted to show them what it means to be a pet and to be a pet's human bean. So today, I'm waxing philosophical about what I see as the benefits derived from such a partnership.
Benefits to the pets:
- we are not homeless because of you
- we have food in our bellies every day
- we don't have to sleep out of doors when the weather is nasty
- we get lots of petting and love because of you
- we provide unlimited head bumps
- we provide unlimited purrs or woofs
- we aim to provide alarm clock services (e.g. waking you up in the morning whether you want it or not)
- we let you play with our toys
- we provide watch-cat or watchdog services
- we give limitless unconditional love.
Have a great day!